SENTRI or Secure Electronic Network for Travelers Rapid Inspection is a Trusted Travelers program of the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP). It expedites the clearance process of pre-screened, low-risk individuals entering the US from Mexico.
SENTRI Cardholders Enjoy the Following Benefits:
- Reduced wait times
- Dedicated lanes at southern border crossings
- The use of NEXUS lanes into the US from Canada
- The use of Global Entry kiosks when entering the US via air (not applicable to Mexican nationals in SENTRI).
There are no age restrictions for getting a SENTRI card. However, children under the age of 18 are required to get consent from a parent or legal guardian before they can join the program.
How to Apply for SENTRI
- Step 1: Create an account in the Global Online Enrollment System (GOES). Each applicant must have his or her own account, regardless of age.
- Step 2: Complete the application and pay the non-refundable fee ($122.25 per person).
- Step 3: Schedule an interview at a SENTRI Enrollment Center once you are notified of your conditional approval through your GOES account.
- Step 4: Bring a valid passport or a permanent resident card, a printed copy of the conditional approval, and one other form of ID such as a driver’s license. You will also be required to bring your vehicle registration and a copy of your US auto insurance.