Saint Pamphile border crossing
The Saint Pamphile border crossing is a remote port of entry primarily used by logging trucks to access private land in the North Maine Woods. The US side of the border is a remote logging wilderness while the Canadian side is a lightly populated farming community. Generally, the roads on the US side of the border are only accessible from the rest of Maine via dirt roads.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times in Saint Pamphile
The US port of entry is open on Monday and Thursday from 6 am to 9 pm. On Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, the border station is open from 6 am to 8 pm while on Saturday, it is open from 8 am to 4 pm. The Canadian border station’s PPTRA-Q (Pilot Project for Travellers in Remote Areas – Quebec) service is available on Monday and Thursday from 6 to 9 am and 5 to 9 pm. On Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, the service is available from 6 to 9 am and 5 to 8 pm. On Saturday, the service is available from 8 am to 4 pm. Travelers, on the other hand, can enter Canada on weekdays from 9 am to 5 pm, except on holidays.
As a lightly traveled port of entry, travelers can expect no delays when crossing the Saint Pamphile border crossing. Travelers can check for current border wait times by getting the CBP Border Wait Times app (Google Play or iTunes) or the CanBorder app.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
Traffic is negligible at the Saint Pamphile border crossing since it is rarely used by passenger vehicles. Travelers who want to check traffic reports on the different roads in Maine can call 511 or 1-866-282-7578 for calls outside the state. The state also provides updates on road conditions through their Twitter account @MaineDOT. If you’re heading to Quebec, you can also make use of the province’s 511 service that monitors road network conditions for travelers.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
If you want to learn more about crossing the US-Canada border at this port, you can reach out to the customs officials by calling the numbers listed below. To drive to this location, you can use the map and the directions we’ve provided below.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: Blanchette Road, St Pamphile, ME 04770
- US Customs: (418) 356-3222
- Canada: 1123 Elgin Road South, Saint-Pamphile, Quebec G0R 3X0
- Canadian Customs: (418) 356-3151
Things to Know About the Saint Pamphile Border Crossing:
- The Allagash Wilderness Waterway which is surrounded by the North Maine Woods is an ideal place for hunting, fishing, camping, and canoeing.
- The area surrounding the Saint Pamphile border crossing lacks travel services, so travelers are advised to gas up and bring food as well as an emergency road kit before heading to this port.
- Visit the Lumberjack Festival at Saint Pamphile, Quebec where tree felling contests abound along with a musical gala, parade, and other forms of entertainment.
- The Appalachian Odyssey passes through Saint Pamphile, Quebec which is the longest dog sled race in Quebec.