Global Entry is a Trusted Travelers Program of the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) that enables pre-approved, low-risk travelers to speed through the clearance process when they enter the United States at select airports.
Benefits of Joining the Global Entry Program
- No processing lines
- Reduced wait times
- No paperwork
- Expedited entry to other countries
- Makes you eligible for TSA Pre?®
Children under the age of 18 will need to get their parent or legal guardian’s approval before they can apply for the program.
Membership in the Global Entry program is valid for 5 years. You will be required to submit a new application and undergo another interview to renew your membership after it has expired.
How to Apply Online for Global Entry Enrollment System (GOES)
- Step 1: Create an account in the Global Online Enrollment System (GOES). Each individual who applies for Global Entry must have his or her own account.
- Step 2: Complete Global Entry application and pay the non-refundable fee of US$100 (including children under the age of 18 years). You can pay by credit card, money order, a certified check, or a cashier’s check.
- Step 3: You will be notified through your GOES account if you get conditional approval from the CBP. You will need to set up an appointment for an interview at a Global Entry Enrollment Center.
- Step 4: Bring your valid passport or a permanent resident card, a printed copy of your letter of conditional approval, and one more form of identification such as your driver’s license.