Oroville-Osoyoos border crossing
The Oroville – Osoyoos border crossing links Oroville, Washington with Osoyoos, British Columbia. It was one of the first to provide border inspection services, back in 1861. Today, it has a joint US – Canada Border Inspection Station and is considered the busiest of the border crossings in Northeastern Washington.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times
Passenger and commercial vehicles can pass through the Oroville – Osoyoos border crossing 24/7 except for holidays. While it is considerably busier than other border crossings in Northeastern Washington, wait times are typically less than 5 minutes. There’s usually only one lane open when entering Canada which becomes to two or three during peak travel season. The US Border Inspection Office, on the other hand, typically has three multi-purpose lanes open. If you wish to monitor wait times, you can download the CanBorder app on your Apple, Android, or Blackberry device.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
Holiday weekends are usually the busiest times to cross. Friday and Saturday afternoons are also peak travel hours. You can monitor the traffic along Highway 97 near the border crossing here. You can also get up-to-date traffic and weather information through the state of Washington’s 511 hotline. If you’re calling from outside Washington, dial 1-800-695-ROAD (7623) instead. Also, check Washington travel alerts here. To find out the traffic and road conditions in British Columbia, you can call 1-800-550-4997. You can also get the weather forecast for Osoyoos here.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
To find out more information about the Oroville WA border crossing, you can get in touch with the US or Canadian Customs Office. We’ve listed their contact details below. To find the exact location of this border crossing, please look at the map and detailed directions we’ve posted below.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.:33643 Hwy 97, Oroville, WA 98844
- US Customs: 1(509) 476-2955
- Canada:#202-97th Street, Osoyoos, BC V0H 1V1
- Canadian Customs: 1(250) 495-6531
Things to Know About the Oroville – Osoyoos Border Crossing:
- There are duty-free shops on both sides of the border crossing. The Osoyoos Duty Free Shop is on the right-hand side of BC Highway 97, just inside the Canada Customs compound. The Duty Free Americas is also found along Highway 97.
- If you wish to know a bit more about the area after crossing the border, there are visitor centers in both Oroville and Osoyoos. You can find out more about Oroville’s Visitor Center here. To get in touch with the Osoyoos Visitor Center, just send an email to [email protected], or visit them at the junction of Hwy 3 & 97, Osoyoos, BC.
- 15 miles from Oroville is the Old Molson Museum Ghost Town – a place that has full-scale buildings, equipment, tools, artifacts, and photographs from days gone by that visitors can explore.
- If you’re visiting Osoyoos, here’s a list of attractions and activities for you to consider.