Fortuna Oungre border crossing
The Fortuna – Oungre border crossing is the last or westernmost one in North Dakota. It links the small town of Fortuna, North Dakota to another small town – Oungre, Saskatchewan. Because of the low population in both towns, this port of entry has light to no traffic most of the time.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times in Fortuna Oungre
The US port of entry is open daily from 9 am to 10 pm. The Canadian port is open to passenger vehicles daily. From the second Sunday in March to the first Saturday in November, travelers can pass through this port from 8 am to 9 pm. For the remainder of the year, they can enter the port from 9 am to 10 pm. Commercial vehicles entering Canada also have to observe the different hours of operation of the Canadian Customs Office. From the second Sunday in March to the first Saturday in November, commercial services are available from 8 am to 5 pm on weekdays. For the remainder of the year, the hours are 9 am to 5 pm on weekdays as well. On holidays, commercial services on the port are closed.
There is currently no information on wait times for this border crossing. If you want to find information regarding border wait times in Canada, you can use the CanBorder app on your Apple, Android, or Blackberry device. To find out about delays at US ports of entry, get the CBP Border Wait Times app from iTunes or Google Play.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
The Fortuna ND border crossing has light traffic so you shouldn’t experience any delays. But if you want to keep updated on traffic along US Route 85 in North Dakota, you can view the information here. You can also call 511 or 1-866-696-3511 if you’re out of state to get traffic, weather, and road condition updates.
You can also get traffic updates and road conditions through Saskatchewan’s Interactive Highway Map. You can also find out the current weather in Oungre, Saskatchewan here before you start on your journey.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
You can learn more about the Fortuna ND border crossing by getting in touch with the officials in the US or Canadian Border Office. Their phone numbers and addresses are listed below. To get to the port of entry itself, please use the map and directions below.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.:10935 HWY 85 NW, Fortuna, ND 58844-0037
- US Customs: 1 (701) 834-2493
- Canada:Saskatchewan Highway 35, Oungre, Saskatchewan S0C 1Z0
- Canadian Customs: 1 (306) 456-2230
Things to Know About the Fortuna – Oungre Border Crossing:
- One of the nearest attractions north of the border is Weyburn, Saskatchewan that offers a 12-stop tour around the historic sites in the area. Here’s a tourist guide that offers all the information you’ll need as a visitor.
- If you’re a fan of ghost towns, you might want to visit the abandoned Air Force base in Fortuna.
- 75 kilometers south of the border is the city of Williston, North Dakota that has several attractions for vacationers to the area.
Links of Interest