St. Zacharie Border Crossing
The St. Zacharie border crossing is a remote port of entry that allows logging trucks in and out of the North Maine Woods. This international border crossing connects the towns of St. Zacharie, Maine and St. Zacharie, Quebec. The private logging roads, including Golden Road, around this area was developed by the Greater Northern Paper Company. They are mainly used by commercial vehicles. However, some personal vehicles also travel through this port, mostly locals.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times in St Zacharie
Both the US and Canadian border stations are open from Monday through Thursday from 6 am to 8 pm and on Friday from 6 am to 4 pm. Because of its remote location and the dirty logging roads at the St. Zacharie border crossing, there are rarely any lineups when passing through this port. If you want to find out the current border wait time, you can download the CBP Border Wait Times app (Google Play or iTunes) or the CanBorder app.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
Traffic is extremely light at the St. Zacharie ME border crossing. Travelers can get information on the state of roads in the surrounding area by calling Maine’s 511 travel information service hotline (1-866-282-7578 for calls outside the state). You can also follow the Twitter feed of @MaineDOT for traffic and road conditions reports. The province of Quebec also has a similar 511 service that monitors road network conditions for travelers.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
To get more information about passing through the St. Zacharie port of entry, you can get in touch with the US or Canadian border stations using the numbers listed below. If you wish to travel to this border crossing, you can use the map and the directions provided as a guide.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: Golden Road, St. St. Zacharie, Maine 04945
- US Customs: (418) 593-3264
- Canada: 2442 Route de la Frontière, Saint-Zacharie QC G0M 2C0
- Canadian Customs: 800-461-9999 / 204-983-3500
Things to Know About St. Zacharie Border Crossing:
- The Golden Road is a 96-mile private road from Millinocket, Maine to the US-Canada border. Parts of the road, from Millinocket to Ripogenus Dam, is paved while the rest is stone. There are plenty of campgrounds along the way that cater to whitewater rafting enthusiasts, snowmobilers, to hunters.
- The West Branch of Penobscot River at the Ripogenus Gorge is popular with river rafters.
- Travelers taking the Golden Road should be aware of the lack of travel services in this area. Be sure to gas up, pack some snacks, and take an emergency road kit before you go on your trip.
Links of Interest