Fort Fairfield Perth-Andover border crossing
The Fort Fairfield – Perth-Andover border crossing connects the towns of Fort Fairfield, Maine and Perth-Andover, New Brunswick. This port of entry is one of the rare examples where the US border station is smaller than its Canadian counterpart. The US station was built in 1933, moving the location of border officials from their offices in the downtown area to somewhere closer to the border. This change of location was due to an increase in the smuggling of liquor during the Prohibition period. In 2014, the station was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times in Fort Fairfield Perth Andover
The US port of entry is open 24/7. The Canadian border station is also open to passenger vehicles 24/7. Commercial vehicles, however, can only enter Canada from 8 am to midnight.
Delays are not usual at the Fort Fairfield ME border crossing with only a little more than 400 vehicles passing through each day. Travelers can get up-to-date information on border wait times by getting the CanBorder app or the CBP Border Wait Times app on Google Play or iTunes.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
The Fort Fairfield – Perth-Andover border crossing is a lightly traveled port of entry. Less than 500 vehicles use this border crossing every day. If you want to find out the traffic situation and road conditions in Fort Fairfield, you can call the travel information service hotline in Maine. Dial 511 if you’re in Maine and 866-282-7578 if you’re calling from outside the state. The state’s Department of Transportation also gives traffic and road conditions updates on Twitter @MaineDOT. Travelers to New Brunswick can get the same information through the province’s own 511 hotline.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
Visitors who want to learn more about the Fort Fairfield – Perth-Andover border crossing can get in touch with border officials at this location by calling the phone numbers provided below. To get to this port of entry, you can follow the map and directions posted below.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: 4 Boundary Line Road, Fort Fairfield, ME 04742
- US Customs: (207) 473-7474
- Canada: 6 Route 190, Carlingford NB E7H 5H6
- Canadian Customs: (506) 273-2073
Things to Know About the Fort Fairfield – Perth-Andover Border Crossing:
- The International Appalachian Trail passes through Fort Fairfield, Maine and Perth-Andover, New Brunswick.
- Many of the houses on the Canadian side are only accessible through roads on the US side requiring the locals to pass through either port of entry to go anywhere.
- Travelers who want to fish or hunt in Maine can apply for licenses here.
- Visitors can check out the Blockhouse Museum to see artifacts from the Aroostook War.
- The annual State of Maine Potato Blossom Festival is held in Fort Fairfield, Maine.
Links of Interest