Blaine Surrey border crossing
The Blaine – Surrey border crossing (also called the Pacific Highway border crossing) links Blaine, Washington and Surrey, British Columbia. It is one of the busiest border crossings between the US and Canada. The Peace Arch border crossing is limited to passenger vehicles, so commercial vehicles are directed to pass through here. For this reason, it is often referred to as the Truck Crossing. Traffic is often lighter here compared to the Peace Arch border crossing despite the presence of both cars and trucks.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times
Both the US and Canadian Customs Offices are open 24/7 for passenger and commercial vehicles. NEXUS lanes, however, have different hours of operation. Going into the US, NEXUS lanes are open daily from 6 am to 9 pm. Going into Canada, they are open daily from 7 am to 12 am. To get the current and forecasted wait times, you can check with the US Customs and Border Protection or the Canada Border Services Agency. You can also check wait times through the CanBorder app which can be downloaded to your Apple, Android, or Blackberry device. The CBP Border Wait Times app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
The US port has a maximum of nine lanes: three for commercial and six for passenger vehicles. The Canadian port has eighteen lanes: three for commercial, ten for passenger vehicles, three for buses, one NEXUS lane, and one FAST lane. Because a large number of vehicles travel through this border crossing, you should expect some delay, particularly during peak travel hours. You can view real-time traffic conditions through the border cameras along State Route 543 and BC Highway 15. Washington also offers travel and weather information through their 511 hotline. Also, don’t forget to check state travel alerts here before you go on your trip. You can also request for traffic and weather updates from British Columbia by calling 1-800-550-4997 and 1-604-664-9010, respectively.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
To get more information regarding the Blaine – Surrey border crossing, you can communicate with the US or Canadian Customs Office. Use the information listed below. To reach the border stations, please follow the map and the directions.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.:9901 Pacific Highway, Blaine, WA 98230
- US Customs: 1 (360) 332-5771
- Canada:28 176th Street, Surrey, BC V3Z 9R9
- Canadian Customs: 1 (604) 536-7694
Things to Know About the Blaine – Surrey Border Crossing:
- To enter the US, you are required to present a valid passport, NEXUS card, or Enhanced Driver’s License.
- To enter Canada, you only need to produce proof of citizenship and proof of identity through a photo ID. A birth certificate and any government-issued photo ID are enough to get past the border.
- As you near the Surrey BC border crossing, a freeway sign along Highway 543 will state the forecasted wait times.
- In general, traffic at any border crossing is lighter in the mornings and builds up during the day. Regular commuter traffic contributes to the amount of traffic you experience at the port.
- To ensure a quick passage, get your documents ready and be aware of all the items you need to declare.
- You can visit a duty-free store on both sides of the border: the West Coast Duty Free on 176th street and Duty Free Americas on 12th street.
Links of Interest
- Seattle water damage repair & restoration