Sault Ste. Marie International Bridge
The Sault Ste. Marie International Bridge links the twin cities of Sault Ste. Marie in Michigan and Ontario. Based on data gathered by the Bureau of Transportation Statistics last year, this bridge is the 9th busiest border crossing for passenger vehicles. It is also the 19th busiest commercial land port between Canada and the US. Similar to all the bridges that connects Michigan to Canada, the Sault Ste. Marie International Bridge charges a toll.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times
|Vehicle Type||Canada > USA||USA > Canada|
Lanes open: 3
Status: no delay - 0m
Nexus: Lanes Closed
Ready Lanes: N/A
Lanes open: 1
Status: no delay - 0m
FAST Lanes: N/A
Passenger and commercial vehicles can use the Sault Ste. Marie Bridge 24/7. Nexus lanes going into Canada are open on weekdays from 3 pm to 4 pm. NEXUS lanes into the US are open on weekdays from 7 am to 8 am.
Wait times are typically short at this border crossing despite being one of the busiest ports of entry between US and Canada. You can check the CBSA and the US CBP websites for current updates on wait times for the Sault Ste. Marie Bridge. . To get wait times on the go, download the CanBorder app or the CBP Border Wait Times app on Google Play or iTunes.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
Weather: Clear sky
Temperature: 3.83 F
Humidity: 72 %
Wind: 6.93 mph 80 E
While the Sault Ste. Marie International Bridge connects two urban centers, traffic is relatively light. To get real-time traffic conditions for this port of entry, you can view the live footage on both sides of the bridge here. You can also get updates on traffic and road conditions by following the International Bridge on Twitter. For weather updates on the area, you can check it here for Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario and here for Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
To get more information regarding the Sault Ste. Marie International Bridge, you can reach the customs officials using the contact information provided below. To get to this port of entry, you can use the map and directions posted below.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: 900 International Bridge Plaza, Sault Sainte Marie, MI 49783-1492
- US Customs: (906) 632-7221 / (906) 632-2631
- Canada: 125 Huron Street, Sault Ste. Marie ON P6A 1R3
- Canadian Customs: +1 800-461-9999
Things to Know About Sault Ste. Marie International Bridge Border Crossing:
- The International Bridge Bus transports passengers across the bridge hourly on weekdays from 7 am to 7 pm and on Saturdays from 9 am to 5 pm. You can learn more information about this transport service here.
- You can get in touch with the US International Bridge Administration by calling (906) 635-5255 and the Canadian Bridge Administration by calling (705) 942-4345.
- You can visit several attractions in Sault Ste Marie, Michigan including DreamMakers Theater, Kewadin Casino Hotel, and Nature’s Kennel Sled Dog Adventures.
- Sault Ste Marie, Ontario also offers several interesting attractions for travelers such as the Agawa Canyon Tour Train, Treetop Adventures, and the Searchmont Ski Resort.
Links of Interest