West Berkshire – Frelighsburg border crossing
The West Berkshire – Frelighsburg border crossing is a low volume port of entry in a rural area that connects the western part of Berkshire, Vermont to the town of Frelighsburg, Quebec.
The US border facility was built as a Works Progress Administration in 1935 to help create jobs during the Great Depression. It is the only one of ten that still survive and only one border station to still have at least one of its original residences. The station is now included on the National Register of Historic Places.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times
The US port of entry is open to all vehicles 24/7. The US port of entry, on the other hand, is only open 24/7 to passenger vehicles. Commercial vehicles, on the other hand, are limited to weekdays from 8 am to 5 pm, except on holidays. Delays rarely happen at the West Berkshire – Frelighsburg border crossing. Travelers can check current wait times by downloading the CanBorder app and the CBP Border Wait Times app (Google Play or iTun es).
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
Reports on traffic and road conditions in Vermont are posted on the New England 511 website. The same updates are posted online via the Twitter @511VT. Quebec also uses Twitter (@Qc511_Mtl) to announce traffic, road incidents, constructions, and even travel speed on the province’s highways. Unlike Vermont, travelers can also get information by calling the Quebec 511 program at 511 or 1-888-355-0511 to get traffic and road conditions reports in the province. Travelers can access the information by downloading the program’s mobile app.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
Travelers can use the phone numbers below to get in touch with customs officials at the West Berkshire – Frelighsburg border crossing. The map and directions, on the other hand, are intended to guide travelers to reach this port.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: 7823 W Berkshire Rd (VT 108), Berkshire, Vermont 05450
- US Customs: (802) 933-4337
- Canada: 383 Richford Road, East Pinnacle QC J0J 1C0
- Canadian Customs: (450) 298-5050
Things to Know About the West Berkshire – Frelighsburg Border Crossing:
- Frelighsburg is known as one of “The Most Beautiful Villages in Quebec” for several reasons. The village oozes historic charm due to the well-preserved structures and buildings in the area. The orchards, farms, and woodlands surrounding the village don’t hurt the view either. Visitors can choose from several activities including picking apples, tasting the famous maple syrup pie, and making cider.
- Mount Pinnacle in Frelighsburg, Quebec is considered to be one of the few mountains in southwestern Quebec that remain unspoiled.
Links of Interest