Boundary Waneta border crossing
The Boundary – Waneta border crossing lies between Trail, British Columbia and Northport, Washington. It is actually located right where the ghost town, Boundary, used to be more than a century ago.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times
The US Customs Office at the Boundary-Waneta border crossing is open daily from 9 am to 5 pm. The Canadian Customs Office also operates the same hours for passenger vehicles. Commercial vehicles, however, are only allowed to pass the Canadian border on weekdays from 9 am to 4:30 pm.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
There are currently no traffic cameras along Northport-Waneta Road in Washington State and Highway 22A in British Columbia that you can view. But you can still get up-to-date Northeastern Washington travel alerts before your trip here. You can also call 511 to get state highway traffic, weather, and road conditions as you travel. If you want to learn about the state of traffic in British Columbia, just call 1-800-550-4997. You can also check the weather forecast in Salmo, British Columbia here and Boundary, Washington here.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
To know more about the Boundary–Waneta border crossing, you can get in touch with either the US Customs Office or the Canadian Customs Office. We’ve listed the contact information for both offices below.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.:5338 Northport Waneta Road, Colville, WA 99114
- US Customs: 1 (509) 732-6674
- Canada:10290 Highway 22A, Salmo BC V0G 1Z0
- Canadian Customs: 1(250) 367-9656
Things to Know About the Boundary – Waneta Border Crossing:
- Trail, British Columbia is the nearest city, just 20 kilometers north of the Boundary-Waneta border crossing. If you wish to know all about what this city has to offer, visit here.
- Travelers might be interested to note that Waneta is one of the many ghost towns in the Kootenay Rockies.
- Located 1 kilometer south of the border is the Waneta Quick Stop – a convenience store and parcel receiving service for Canadians who require a US address for their packages.