Ambassador Bridge Border Crossing
The Ambassador Bridge connects Detroit, Michigan to Windsor, Ontario and is the busiest border crossing along the North American border. On a typical weekday, around 4,000 passenger vehicles and 10,000 commercial vehicles. More than 25% of the commercial trade between the US and Canada passes through this border crossing. The Ambassador Bridge is one of several border crossings that charge a toll. To learn more about toll fees, please visit our Other Important Things To Know page.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times
|Vehicle Type||Canada > USA||USA > Canada|
Lanes open: 5
Status: no delay - 0m
Nexus: no delay
Ready Lanes: Lanes Closed
Lanes open: 7
Status: delay - 20m
FAST Lanes: delay
Travelers coming into the US and Canada can use the Ambassador Bridge 24/7. There are three NEXUS lanes into Canada. The first is open on weekdays from 6 am to 11 pm. On weekends and holidays, it is open from 8 am to 10 pm. The second NEXUS lane is open on weekdays only from 3 pm to 9 am while the third one is only open on weekdays from 4 pm to 7 pm. The NEXUS lanes into the US is open from 5:30 am to 8 pm on weekdays and from 11:30 am to 7 pm on weekends and holidays.
As the busiest border crossing, delays can take up to a couple of hours on the commercial lanes. Passenger vehicles, on the other hand, typically experience no delays. You can get updates on wait times from the CBSA and the US CBP. You can also download the CanBorder app or the CBP Border Wait Times app on Google Play or iTunes to get updates on the go.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
Weather: Moderate rain
Temperature: 67.98 F
Humidity: 100 %
Wind: 5.82 mph 240 WSW
The Ambassador Bridge is the busiest border crossing along the US-Canada border so expect heavy traffic during peak times, especially on the commercial lanes on both sides of the border. If you want to get real-time traffic information, you can view below or visit here and here. You can also check weather conditions in Detroit here and in Windsor here.
Current Traffic @ Ambassador Bridge
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
To learn more about the Ambassador Bridge and crossing the border, you can get in touch with the border officials through the contact details provided below. You can also reach this port of entry using the directions posted below.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: B, 2810 W Fort St #123, Detroit, MI 48216, United States
- US Customs: (313) 226-3141
- Canada: 780 Huron Church Road, Windsor ON N9C 2K2
- Canadian Customs: 800-461-9999
Things to Know Before Ambassador Bridge Border Crossing:
- There are two duty free shops at the Ambassador Bridge. The Ammex Global Marketplace is located on the US Plaza while the Ambassador Duty Free Store is located on the Canadian Plaza.
- There are a lot of places to visit while in Detroit, Michigan. The Motown Museum, Comerica Park, and the Detroit Institute of Arts are just a few.
- There are also several places to visit in Windsor, Ontario such as Dieppe Gardens, Canadian Club Brand Center, Caesars Windsor, and the Odette Sculpture Park.
Links of Interest