Nighthawk Chopaka border crossing
The Nighthawk – Chopaka border crossing links Loomis, Washington to Cawston, British Columbia. This remote, historic route is the least busy in the state of Washington. However, the lack of travelers means a higher likelihood of random inspections occurring which could lead to some delay.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times in Nighthawk Chopaka
The US Customs Office is open daily from 9 am to 5 pm except for holidays. The Canadian Customs Office also allows passenger vehicles to pass through during those hours. However, commercial vehicles entering Canada can only drive through this border crossing on weekdays from 9 am to 5 pm except for holidays. The Nighthawk WA border crossing is in a very remote and scarcely populated area. Travelers are rare. Delays only occur when a random inspection is made. You can monitor wait times by downloading the CanBorder app on your Apple, Android, or Blackberry device.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
The remoteness of the Nighthawk – Chopaka border crossing ensures that there is typically light to no traffic on this route. If you want to learn current traffic and weather information surrounding the area, call the state of Washington’s 511 hotline. If you’re outside Washington, you can dial 1-800-695-ROAD (7623) instead. For more traffic information, look up any Washington travel alerts here. You can also get up-to-date information regarding the traffic and road conditions in British Columbia by calling 1-800-550-4997. For a weather update on Chopaka, British Columbia and the surrounding areas, just call 1-604-664-9010.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
To get more information regarding the Chopaka BC border crossing, you can get in touch with either the US or Canadian Border Inspection Agency in the area. The contact details for both offices are listed below. We have also posted a map along with some directions to guide you to this border crossing.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.:Similkameen Road, Loomis, WA 98827
- US Customs: 1 (509) 476-2125
- Canada:100 Nighthawk Road, Cawston, BC V0X 1C3
- Canadian Customs: 1(250) 499-2755
Things to Know About the Nighthawk – Chopaka Border Crossing:
- The name of this border crossing is based on the towns of Nighthawk and Chopaka that used to inhabit the place. Both towns have long since disappeared due to the lack of gold in the area. Many of the old structures in Nighthawk still remain today.
- Cawston is a small community that is located a little over 21 kilometers away from the border. Travelers can expect to enjoy organic fruits and vegetables sold by the farmers of the community. You can also take a tour of the Crowsnest Vineyard which is also in the area.
- The “Orchard Village” Keremeos is just 8 kilometers away from Cawston. Here, visitors can tour the orchards and wineries as well as outdoor activities such as hiking, swimming, horseback riding, and biking.
Links of Interest