Roosville border crossing
The Roosville border crossing links the town of Eureka, Montana to Grasmere, British Columbia. It is the second busiest port of entry in the state of Montana and one of the 25 busiest ports between the US and Canada. Based on data from the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, more than 600 vehicles passed through this port on a daily basis in 2015.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times
The US port of entry is open to all vehicles 24/7. The Canadian port of entry is open to passenger vehicles 24/7 as well. Commercial vehicles, however, can only enter Canada through this port during weekdays from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, except on holidays. As one of the most heavily traveled ports in Montana, 3-4 hour delays can occur during peak hours particularly at the Canadian border crossing. The location of the Canadian Customs facility and the geography of the site (a rocky bluff that narrows the road before it widens again into several lanes going to the border) is the main reason lines going into Canada gets backed up for hours. Travelers who want to keep track of current wait times at this location while on the go can download the CanBorder app or the CBP Border Wait Times app on Google Play or iTunes.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
Travelers can access weather-related road reports in Montana by calling 511 (or 800-226-7623 for calls outside Montana) which is the state’s travel information hotline, or they can check the travel info map provided by the state’s Department of Transportation online. British Columbia also provides road conditions reports to the public. Travelers can get updates by calling 1-800-550-4997, checking the online map, or viewing the province’s highway cameras. The live video feed from Highway 93 in Roosville can be seen here.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
Travelers who want to learn more about the Roosville border crossing can use the phone numbers below to contact the US or Canadian customs facilities at this location. You can also use the map and the directions below as a guide if you’re driving to this crossing.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: 7915 Hwy 93 North, Eureka, MT 59917-9331
- US Customs: (406) 889-3865
- Canada: Highway 93 South, Grasmere, British Columbia V0B 1R0
- Canadian Customs: 1-800-959-5525
Things to Know About the Roosville Border Crossing:
- There are duty free stores on both sides of the border at this crossing – the Northwest Duty Free Store and the Tobacco Plains Duty Free.
- The name of the border crossing is derived from a store and post office named Roosville. The store was opened on the Canadian side of the border back in the late 1800s by a man named Fred Roo, Sr. This border crossing has been around since the mid-1800s, but it was only in 1898 that customs inspections were conducted.
- Travelers who want to take a sneak peek into the town of Eureka can watch their live webcam feed here.
Links of Interest