Overton Corners border crossing
The Overton Corners – Lacolle border crossing is a small and quiet port of entry that connects Lacolle, Quebec and Champlain, New York. The Canadian port is often referred to as Lacolle-221 to differentiate it from the major border crossing that is also located between Lacolle and Champlain. Unlike the Champlain – Lacolle border crossing, this 2-lane port is used mostly by locals especially since it takes you away from the interstate highways (around 10 to 15 minutes). It is often recommended as an alternative crossing to the major Champlain port which can experience long delays.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times in Overton Corners Lacolle
The US port of entry is open to passenger and commercial traffic 24/7. The Canadian port of entry is also open 24/7 to passenger vehicles. Commercial vehicles, however, are only allowed entry on weekdays from 8 am to 5 pm, except on holidays.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
This 2-lane border crossing doesn’t experience much traffic except for locals passing through. Tourists who want to check the state of the highways in New York can check for updates from its 511 Traveler Information System. Information regarding road incidents, roadway conditions, weather, and even travel speed are released to the public via their telephone service (511 or 888-465-1169), the 511NY app (iTunes, Google Play), and the 511NY website.
The Quebec 511 service also provides the same information on the road network in the province. Real-time updates are accessible via telephone from anywhere in North America (1-888-355-0511), through a mobile app, or by following the Twitter account @Qc511_Mtl.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
Travelers can learn more about the Overton Corners – Lacolle border crossing by calling the customs officials at this location using the phone numbers below. They can also use the map and directions as a guide to planning a route to this border crossing.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: 427 State Route 276, Champlain, NY 12919
- US Customs: (518) 298-3182
- Canada: 300 Route 221, Lacolle, Quebec J0J 1J0
- Canadian Customs: (514) 246-2121
Things to Know About the Overton Corners – Lacolle Border Crossing:
- A duty free shop is located past the Canadian border station. Boutique Hors Taxe De Lacolle Inc is at Rte 221 sud, Lacolle, QC J0J 1J0, Canada. Travelers can get in touch with the store through this number: 450-246-2339.
- The Club De Golf International 2000 is just on the north side of the border, less than 10 minutes away from this port.
- The Parc Régional St-Bernard is also less than 10 minutes away from this port and considered to be a veritable paradise for outdoor enthusiasts.
- The Overton Corners – Lacolle border crossing used to be one of the busiest ports between US and Canada during the Prohibition era. It was a well-maintained route that traveled between Montreal and the US which resulted in a lot of southbound traffic caused by people attempting to smuggle alcohol.
Links of Interest