Eastport Kingsgate border crossing
The Eastport – Kingsgate border crossing is one of only two ports of entry along the US – Canada border in the state of Idaho. It links the towns of Bonners Ferry, Idaho and Yahk, British Columbia. This border crossing has a lower volume of traffic compared to the one located at Porthill. However, Eastport has a higher number of commercial vehicles passing through each day.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times in Eastport Kingsgate
The Eastport – Kingsgate Border Crossing is open 24/7. Around 400 vehicles travel through this port of entry daily. Typically, there is no wait time or delay when using this border crossing. At the most, you’ll get a 15-minute delay. If you want to get current wait times on the Eastport ID border crossing, you can download the CanBorder app or the CBP Border Wait Times app on Google Play or iTunes to get updates on the go.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
Traffic is fairly light at the Kingsgate BC port of entry so you shouldn’t experience any delays while crossing the border at this location. If you want to get an update on traffic and road conditions in Idaho, you can call their 511 travel information service hotline. You can also view live footage from the camera on US Highway 95 heading to the border. You can check the weather conditions in the area by visiting here.
British Columbia also has a traffic camera at the junction of Highway 3 and Highway 95 that you can check out. You can also check DriveBC’s interactive map to see the driving conditions along the highways heading towards the border. You can also get driving conditions in British Columbia by calling 1-800-550-4997. For an update on weather conditions, you can call 1-604-664-9010.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
If you want to learn more about crossing the border at the Eastport – Kingsgate port of entry, you can get in touch with the customs officials using the contact information provided below. You can also drive to this border crossing by following the map and directions below.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: 537896 Hwy 95, Bonners Ferry, Idaho 83805
- US Customs: (208) 267-3966
- Canada: 6917 Highway 95, Kingsgate, British Columbia V0B 1V1
- Canadian Customs: +1 800-461-9999 (calls from inside Canada) / 1-204-983-3500 (calls from outside Canada)
Things to Know About Eastport – Kingsgate Border Crossing:
- British Columbia has some restrictions on fresh fruits and vegetables that originate from Idaho. You will need to comply with the exact import requirements for these kinds of goods if you wish to bring some with you. You can find out what they are by visiting the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) Automated Import Reference System (AIRS).
- The Eastport – Kingsgate border crossing has two duty free shops, one on each side of the border – The Duty Free Americas in Eastport and the Kingsgate Duty Free.
Links of Interest