St. Armand border crossing
The Highgate Springs St. Armand border crossing is the busiest port in Vermont and one of the 15 most traveled on the US-Canada border. The crossing is the main route between Montreal and Boston via I-89 and US Route 7. According to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, more than 2,000 vehicles passed through this port daily in 2015. The nearest communities to this crossing are Highgate Springs in Vermont and Saint-Armand, Quebec.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times in Highgate Springs St Armand
The Highgate Springs – St. Armand is open 24/7 to all vehicles. NEXUS lanes into the US are open daily from 6:30 am to 8 am and on Fridays from 3 pm to 6 pm. NEXUS lanes into Canada are open 24/7. As a major truck corridor, delays can occur during peak hours. Travelers can check current wait times on the CBP and CBSA websites. They can also get wait times while on the road by downloading the CanBorder app and the CBP Border Wait Times app (Google Play or iTunes).
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
Traffic can get heavy during peak hours. A large volume of commercial truck passes through the Highgate Springs VT port. Travelers who want to look at traffic and road conditions in Vermont highways can check the New England 511 website or follow the Twitter account @511VT for updates.
The Quebec 511 program also provides travelers with reports on traffic, weather, road conditions, constructions, and incidents along the province’s highways. Travelers can get the updates by calling 511 or 1-888-355-0511, downloading the program’s mobile app, or following the Twitter account @Qc511_Mtl.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
Travelers who want to learn more about the Highgate Springs – St. Armand border crossing can get in touch with the customs officials at this location using the phone numbers below. Those who want to drive to this port of entry can use the map and directions below as a guide.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: Interstate 89, Highgate Springs, Vermont 05460
- US Customs: (802) 868-2778
- Canada: 10 Route 133, St-Armand QC J0J 1T0
- Canadian Customs: (514) 248-4313
Things to Know About the Highgate Springs – St. Armand Border Crossing:
- There are duty free stores located on both sides of the border. The Duty Free Americas store can be found on Interstate 89-Exit 22. The Philipsburg Duty Free store is located on Route 133.
- Philipsburg (which is now part of the municipality of Saint-Armand) was the Eastern Townships’ first settlement.
- Whether you reside in Quebec City, visit for business or leisure, you can explore it with Tours Voir Quebec
Links of Interest