Westhope Coulter border crossing
The Westhope – Coulter border crossing is a lightly traveled route with an average of 60 vehicles passing through each day. This port connects the town of Westhope, North Dakota to Melita, Manitoba.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times in Westhope Coulter
Vehicles can pass through the US port of entry daily from 8 am to 9 pm. The Canadian port follows the same schedule when allowing entry to passenger vehicles. Trucks, however, can only travel through this port daily from 8 am to 5 pm.
Delays are rare on the Westhope – Coulter border crossing. To keep yourself updated on border wait times, you can get the CBP Border Wait Times app on iTunes and Google Play or download the CanBorder app.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
Light traffic is to be expected near the Westhope – Coulter border crossing. If you want to get updates on traffic and road conditions near the area, you should check the travel information map or call 511. Both options are operated by North Dakota’s Department of Transportation, so the information will be accurate. If you want to learn about the weather conditions in Westhope, you can check it here.
Traffic is also usually light on PTH 83. To monitor any changes in traffic and road conditions, follow Manitoba’s Twitter account @MBGovRoads. Manitoba also updates their Interactive Highway Map on any variations in the conditions of their highways – traffic, weather, and road constructions/incidents. And similar to North Dakota, there’s also a travel hotline (511) that you can call for information. To learn about the weather forecast, check here.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
To arrive at the Westhope ND border crossing, you can check the map and follow the directions provided below. To get in touch with the customs officials at the port, you can call the phone number listed below.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: 10923 Hwy #83, Westhope, ND 58793
- US Customs: 1 (701) 245-6194
- Canada: Manitoba Highway 83, Melita, Manitoba R0M 1L0
- Canadian Customs: 1 (204) 649-2355
Things to Know About the Westhope – Coulter Border Crossing:
- Melita is just 21.5 miles from the border where travelers will find accommodations and attractions to explore.
- North of Coulter is a historic site, Coulter Park, where the Boundary Commission used to camp while demarking the US-Canada border.
- Westhope is a small city where travelers can stop by for a night’s stay.
- The Linear Mounds, a national historic site just five kilometers from Coulter, are burial mounds dating back to 900 AD.