Houlton Richmond Corner border crossing
The Houlton – Richmond Corner border crossing is a major port of entry between the US and Canada. More than 300,000 vehicles used this border crossing in 2015. Around 1,000 vehicles use the Houlton ME port of entry every day.
This border crossing is nearest the towns of Houlton, Maine and Woodstock, New Brunswick. The Canadian border station is actually located in an unincorporated part of the Richmond Parish, hence the name Richmond Corner. Since 2004, however, the station has been called Woodstock Road.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times
|Vehicle Type||Canada > USA||USA > Canada|
Lanes open: 1
Status: no delay - 3m
Nexus: Lanes Closed
Ready Lanes: N/A
Lanes open: 1
Status: no delay - 2m
FAST Lanes: N/A
The Houlton – Richmond Corner border crossing is open to all vehicles 24/7. NEXUS lanes are available at this port of entry. NEXUS lanes going to Canada are open on weekdays from 3 pm to 6 pm except on holidays. NEXUS lanes going into the US is open on weekdays from 7 am to 10 am (EST).
Passing through this port of entry typically takes around 10 minutes. If you want to get current wait times, you can visit the US CBP and CBSA websites. You can also check for delays while on the go using the CanBorder app or the CBP Border Wait Times app on Google Play or iTunes.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
Weather: Light snow
Temperature: 29.84 F
Humidity: 92 %
Wind: 3.36 mph 230 SW
Traffic can get a bit heavy during peak hours. If you want to learn the current state of traffic and road conditions in Houlton and the surrounding area, you can call 511 or 866-282-7578. You can also check the Twitter feed of the Department of Transportation in Maine (@MaineDOT). Travelers visiting New Brunswick can do the same – call the travel information service 511 hotline.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
Travelers can get in touch with the customs officials at the Houlton – Richmond Corner border crossing using the phone numbers listed below. To drive to this port, you can make use of the map and the directions provided below.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: Route 95 at the Border, Houlton, ME 04730
- US Customs: (207) 532-2131
- Canada: 1403 Route 95, Belleville, New Brunswick E7M 4Z9
- Canadian Customs: (506) 328-9988
Things to Know About Houlton – Richmond Corner Border Crossing:
- The border crossing in Houlton was originally located along US Route 2. In 1985, the port of entry was relocated at the northern end of Interstate 95 and the old stations were closed. Travelers can still visit the abandoned US border station in Houlton along with a former Army airport where WWII German POWs were kept.
- The Interstate 95 is the main highway that runs along the east coast all the way to Florida.
- The Houlton – Woodstock border crossing is a major truck portal, one of two key commercial processing centers found along the shared border of Maine and New Brunswick.
- Duty Free stores are located on both sides of the border – Duty Free Americas and the Woodstock Duty Free Shop.
- As one of the richest communities in the country during the 1900s, many Victorian mansions, as well as other historic buildings built during this era, can still be seen in Houlton.
Links of Interest