St. Aurelie US inspection station
The St. Aurelie border crossing is located along the southeast branch of the St. John River. The port of entry is used primarily by logging trucks. The surrounding land is privately owned, and the public is generally not allowed to use this port of entry.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times in St Aurelie
The US port of entry is open Monday through Thursday from 6 am to 9 pm and on Friday from 6 am to 4 pm. The Canadian border station’s PPTRA-Q (Pilot Project for Travellers in Remote Areas – Quebec) service is available on Monday and Thursday from 6 to 9 am and 5 to 9 pm. On Friday, it is available from 6 to 9 am. Travelers can enter Canada only on weekdays from 9 am to 5 pm.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
Travelers can check the state of traffic on the roads of Maine by calling the travel information service hotline 511 or 1-866-282-7578. You can also get traffic updates while on the go by following the Twitter feed of @MaineDOT. The province of Quebec also participates in the 511 travel information service hotline that provides updates on road network conditions for travelers.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
To learn more about the St. Aurelie border crossing, you can call the customs officials at the US or Canadian border stations using the numbers listed below. To get to this port, you can follow the map and the directions posted below.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: Baker Lake Road St. Aurelie, ME 04478
- US Customs: (418) 593-3582
- Canada: 468 Rang St. Joseph, Sainte-Aurélie, Quebec G0M 1M0
- Canadian Customs: (418) 593-3971
Things to Know About St. Aurelie Border Crossing:
- The municipality of St. Aurelie was founded in 1906 by Victor Vanier. It was named after an Ursuline nun called Sister Sainte-Aurélie that lived around the end of the 19th century.
- Travelers can visit Le Vieux Moulin de Metgermette Nord (the Old Mill on Metgermette Nord), a historic site that demonstrates how wood and grain used to be milled.
Links of Interest