Lynden Border Station
The Lynden-Aldergrove border crossing links Aldergrove, British Columbia to the town of Lynden, Washington. This port of entry is one of the 15th busiest crossings located between the US and Canada. Despite being out of the way and busy, some travelers still prefer this crossing because the lines, though long, are constantly moving.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times
|Vehicle Type||Canada > USA||USA > Canada|
Lanes open: 3
Status: no delay - 5m
Ready Lanes: Lanes Closed
Lanes open: 1
Status: no delay - 5m
FAST Lanes: N/A
Both the US and Canadian Customs facilities are open seven days a week, from 8 am to 12 midnight for both passenger and commercial vehicles. NEXUS lanes are available going into Canada seven days a week, from 10 am to 10 pm. There are currently no NEXUS lanes going into the US.
Travelers can expect a lot of truck traffic during weekdays and more passenger vehicles at this port of entry during weekends. Based on data gathered by the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, an average of 1,500 vehicles pass through the Lynden-Aldergrove border crossing every day. While the port is not as busy as the Pacific Highway border crossing, it does get backed up quite a bit from time to time for up to 3 hours. If you wish to know the current or forecasted wait times for this border, you can check with the Canada Border Services Agency or the US Customs and Border Protection.
To check wait times while on the go, travelers can download the CanBorder app to your Apple, Android, or Blackberry device. The CBP Border Wait Times app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
Weather: Few clouds
Temperature: 41.59 F
Humidity: 64 %
Wind: 6.93 mph 40 NE
Truck traffic is usually high during weekdays while passenger traffic peaks on weekends. Travelers can check traffic conditions at the border from Canada by checking British Columbia’s webcams here. You can also call 1-800-550-4997 to get traffic reports in British Columbia and 1-604-664-9010 for weather conditions. For traffic conditions in Washington, travelers can call the state’s 511 hotline and check state travel alerts here before their trip. Live traffic feed for the Lynden WA port of entry is also available here.
Contact & Directions for Your TripIf you wish to learn more about the Lynden-Aldergrove border crossing, you can get in touch with the customs officials using the phone numbers listed below. To reach this port of entry, you can follow the map and the guide provided below.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: 9949 Guide Meridian Road, Lynden, WA 98264
- US Customs: (360) 354-2183
- Canada:10 Highway 13, Aldergrove, BC V4W 2L8
- Canadian Customs: (604) 856-2791
Things to Know About the Lynden-Aldergrove Border Crossing:
- A Canadian customs office has been operating at this port of entry since 1889.
- Duty free stores are located on both sides of the border. You can learn more about the Aldergrove Duty Free shop including store hours and products for sale here. You can check out the location and products of the Duty Free Americas store in Lynden here.
- The Northwest Washington Fair, Whatcom County’s only fair, is held in Lynden, WA every August. Travelers can enjoy a variety of entertainment including a demolition derby, horse shows, and a large carnival.
- You can visit the Lynden Pioneer Museum to learn all about the town’s past.
- The Greater Vancouver Zoo is just 12 minutes away from the Lynden WA border crossing.
- The Abbotsford International Airport is around 10 minutes away from this port of entry.
Links of Interest
- https://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Congestion/border/Info.htm#Lynden border