Nelway border station
The Metaline Falls – Nelway Border Crossing connects the town of Metaline Falls in Washington to Nelway, British Columbia. Passenger and commercial vehicles pass through this border crossing. However, most of the travelers are tourists who wish to explore the International Selkirk Loop, the only multinational scenic loop in North America.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times in Metaline Falls Nelway
Passenger vehicles can pass through the Metaline Falls WA border crossing from 8 am to 12 am daily. The commercial services of the US Customs office also operate the same hours. Their Canadian counterpart’s hours, however, are limited to weekdays, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Both the US and Canadian Customs offices do not post wait times for this particular border crossing online. You can check the traffic information below to get an idea of how much wait time you may experience when you’re on the road.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
While the Metaline Falls-Nelway Border Crossing is open for both passenger and commercial vehicles, traffic is often light. Most travelers are just tourists that want to explore the scenic views in the area. However, once a year, the Shambhala Music Festival is held at the Salmo River Ranch which is only 11.7 miles away from the border crossing in Nelway. The amount of people attending the festival can reach up to 10,000. For this reason, you should expect long delays at the border during this time. You can find out the current traffic conditions in Metaline Falls by checking out the camera set up by the Washington State Department of Transportation along Highway 31. You can also check for traffic alerts in Northeast Washington here. To check traffic conditions in British Columbia, call 1-800-550-4997. Call 1-604-664-9010, on the other hand, to get the current weather forecast in British Columbia. You can also go here for the weather conditions in Metaline Falls.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
If you require more information about the Nelway Border Crossing, you can get in touch with the Customs or Immigration offices of either country. We’ve listed the contact details for both offices below.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: 105 Hwy 31, Metaline, WA 99152
- US Customs: 1(509) 446-1037
- Canada:9999 Highway 6, Salmo BC V0G 1Z0
- Canadian Customs: 1(250) 357-9940
Things to Know About the Metaline Falls – Nelway Border Crossing:
- Metalline Falls has been recognized as one of the “100 Best Small Art Towns in America.”
- To pass the border into Canada, you’ll need to prove citizenship and identity. You will need either a valid passport, birth certificate, or certificate of naturalization for proof of nationality. A government-issued photo ID such as a driver’s license can be used to prove identity.
- To pass the border into the US, you will need to present one of the following: a US passport, an Enhanced Driver’s License, a NEXUS card, or a FAST card.
Links of Interest