St Juste border station
The St. Juste border crossing is a remote port of entry mainly used by logging trucks hauling wood from the North Maine Woods and taking them to mills on the Canadian side of the border. Before 9/11, only private companies with logging operations were allowed to use this port of entry. They were given a “Form 1” permit that enabled them to cross the border without inspection. The Form 1 program ended in 2003, so the St. Juste border crossing was provided with CBP staff and an inspection facility.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times in St Juste
The US port of entry is open Monday through Thursday from 6 am to 9 pm and on Friday from 6 am to 4 pm. The Canadian border station’s PPTRA-Q (Pilot Project for Travellers in Remote Areas – Quebec) service is available on Monday and Thursday from 6 to 9 am and 5 to 9 pm. On Friday, it is available from 6 to 9 am. Travelers and commercial vehicles can enter Canada through this port only on weekdays from 9 am to 5 pm.
The St. Juste border crossing is lightly traveled so you shouldn’t experience any wait time. If you want to get the current border wait time at the St. Juste border crossing, just download the CBP Border Wait Times app on Google Play or iTunes, or the use the CanBorder app.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
The state of Maine provides travel information through a hotline that the public can call. Dial 511 for calls inside Maine or 1-866-282-7578 for calls outside the state. You can also follow their Twitter account @MaineDOT to get traffic reports on the go. The province of Quebec also participates in the North American initiative to provide road weather, transportation, and traffic information to the public. You can get current road conditions, road restrictions, and traffic alerts by dialing 511 or 1 888 355-0511 (toll-free).
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
To learn more about the St. Juste border crossing, you can call the border officials at this location using the numbers provided below. Travelers who want to drive to this port of entry can use the map and the directions below as their guide.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: St. Juste Road, Somerset County, Maine 04737
- US Customs: (418) 244-3026
- Canada: Rue des Moulins, Saint-Just-de-Bretenières, Quebec G0R 3H0
- Canadian Customs: 1-418-244-3653
Things to Know About the St. Juste Border Crossing:
- The St. Juste Border Crossing is pretty far off the beaten track that travel services are few and far between. If you’re planning on using this port, make sure you gas up, pack some snacks, and take an emergency road kit with you.
- Les Internationaux de traîneau à chiens du Canada (Canada International Championship of Dogsledding) is hosted at Saint-Just-de-Bretenières, Quebec.
- Parc Régional Des Appalaches is just half an hour away from the St. Juste border crossing. This inhabited natural park is the perfect place for hiking, canoeing, dog sledding, and camping.
Links of Interest