Sarles North Dakota
The Sarles – Crystal City border crossing is one of the least used ports of entry in North Dakota. An average of 13 vehicles pass through it each day. 75% of the traffic is made up of automobiles. This port connects the town of Sarles, North Dakota with Crystal City, Manitoba.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times
The US port of entry is open daily from 9 am to 10 pm. The Canadian port of entry also has the same hours for passenger vehicles. Commercial vehicles, however, are only allowed to enter on weekdays from 9 am to 5 pm, except on holidays.
Delays are rare at the Sarles – Crystal City border crossing due to the low volume of vehicles that use this route. If you want to check wait times at the different ports of entry along the US-Canada border, download the CBP Border Wait Times app on iTunes and Google Play or the CanBorder app.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
Traffic is typically very light on North Dakota Highway 20 nearing the border. If you wish to check traffic and road conditions before you reach that area, you can call the state’s travel information hotline 511 (out-of-state callers should dial 1-866-696-3511). You can also check the travel information map. For the weather forecast in Sarles, North Dakota, visit here.
Similarly, you can expect to experience light, if any, traffic on PTH 34 nearing the border. If you want to get information on traffic and road conditions before you reach Crystal City, you can use Manitoba’s Interactive Highway Map. Manitoba also operates a travel hotline, 511, where you can get updates. To get updates on-the-go, follow @MBGovRoads. For the weather forecast in Crystal City, visit here.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
To get more information regarding the Sarles – Crystal City border crossing, you can inquire with the customs officials through the contact details provided below. To arrive at this port, please check the map and follow the directions posted below.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: 10949 State Hwy 20, Sarles, ND 58372
- US Customs: 1 (701) 697-5177
- Canada: Manitoba Highway 34, Crystal City, Manitoba R0K 0N0
- Canadian Customs: 1 (204) 873-2250
Things to Know About the Sarles – Crystal City Border Crossing:
- Visitors passing by Crystal City should stop by the town to get a dose of nature and history. One of the sites that it is known for is the Crystal City Community Printing Museum which has the largest collection of century-old printing machines in all of Canada.
- You can visit one of the many ghost towns of North Dakota, Calvin, which is just 2.7 miles from Sarles.
- Adventurous travelers might want to drop by Hy-wire Zipline Adventures which is less than 50km away.