The Rainy River Baudette Bridge
The Baudette – Rainy River border crossing is an international bridge that connects the communities of Baudette, Minnesota and Rainy River, Ontario. The Baudette-Rainy River International Bridge is the 4th busiest port of entry in the state (top 25 along the US-Canada border). However, it handles very little truck traffic. Most of the vehicles being driven by locals and vacationers.
The international bridge was built in 1959, the first one to be constructed at this location. Its main purpose was to help relieve congestion at other nearby border crossings and to increase tourism and recreation in Ontario and Minnesota.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times in Baudette Rainy River
If you want to learn more information about this unique border crossing, you can get in touch with the US or Canadian officials using the numbers listed below. To get to the Northwest Angle Inlet border crossing, you can use the map and the directions provided as a guide.
The Baudette – Rainy River border crossing is open 24/7 in both directions. Around 400 to 500 vehicles pass through this port of entry each day. Lineups may occur during peak hours, particularly on Saturdays. Summer months are also usually when delays occur at the bridge. Travelers can check the current border wait times on the go by getting the CanBorder app or the CBP Border Wait Times app on Google Play or iTunes.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
Travelers can get updates on traffic and road conditions in Minnesota by calling the state’s 511 travel information system (800-542-0220 for calls outside the state) or visiting their interactive map online. Visitors to Ontario will also be able to avail of the same kind of travel information service when heading to this Canadian province by dialing 511 or 1-866-929-4257 if you’re calling from outside Ontario.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
If you want to learn more about the Baudette – Rainy River border crossing, you can reach out to the customs officials at either the US or Canadian stations by calling the numbers listed below. To drive to this port of entry, you can use the map and the directions below as your guide.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: 600 International Drive, Baudette, MN 56623-0617
- US Customs: (218) 634-2803
- Canada: General Delivery, Highway 11, Rainy River ON P0W 1L0
- Canadian Customs: 807-852-3341
Things to Know About the Baudette – Rainy River Border Crossing:
- Travelers heading to Ontario to fish are not allowed to bring live fish, crayfish, or salamanders for use as bait. Live leeches can be brought as bait into Ontario if the bearer has a commercial bait license. Non-Canadian residents who wish to get a fishing license in Ontario can learn how to get one here.
- Baudette, MN is known as the Walleye Capital of the World.
- Visitors to Rainy River can learn a little bit about railroad history by checking out the Railroad 4008 Heritage Museum.
Links of Interest