Cannon Corners port of entry
The Cannon Corners – Covey Hill border crossing is a remote and lightly traveled port of entry that connects the community of Mooers Fork, New York and Havelock, Quebec. Before 1974, there was no border station at this crossing. An honor system was observed instead. Travelers were expected to travel to a home near Ellenburg for a customs inspection.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times
The US port of entry is open to all vehicles daily from 8 am to 4 pm (EST). The Canadian port of entry, on the other hand, has different hours for passenger and commercial vehicles. From May 1 to October 31, passenger vehicles can enter Canada through this port daily from 8 am to 12 midnight. From November 1 to April 30, passenger vehicles can use this port daily from 8 am to 4 pm. Commercial vehicles can only use the Canadian port on weekdays from 8 am to 4 pm.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
Visitors to the state of New York can use the state’s 511 Traveler Information System to get updates on road incidents, roadway conditions, weather, and travel speed. You can access all this information in a variety of ways: you can dial 511 or 888-465-1169 (calls from outside the NY state), use the 511NY app (iTunes, Google Play), or visit the 511NY website.
Visitors to Quebec can get information on traffic and road conditions as well as incidents in the province through the Quebec 511 service. Real-time updates are accessible via telephone from anywhere in North America (1-888-355-0511), through a mobile app, or by following the Twitter account @Qc511_Mtl.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
If you want to learn more about crossing the border at the Cannon Corners – Covey Hill port of entry, use the phone numbers below to get in touch with the US or Canadian customs officials at this location. If you are planning the route for your trip, use the map and directions below to serve as your guide.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: 1295 Cannon Corners Rd, Mooers Forks, New York 12959
- US Customs: (518) 236-5312
- Canada: 2 Route 203, Havelock, Quebec J0S 2C0
- Canadian Customs: (514) 247-2914
Things to Know About Cannon Corners – Covey Hill Border Crossing:
- The first settlers of Mooers, New York landed in the area in 1796. The town was named after one of the early settlers of Clinton County, Major General Benjamin Mooers. Many of the town’s historic buildings can still be seen today such as Monette’s furniture store which was built back in 1874.
- The Havelock fair has been held annually at Covey Hill since 1871. Activities at the fair include a petting zoo, pony rides, a horse show, face painting, a local artists’ exhibit, and live music.
- The nearest town with complete travel services including medical services is Champlain, New York which is 2.6 miles away.
Links of Interest