Throckmorton County Jail
The Throckmorton County Courthouse and Jail, in Throckmorton, Texas, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. It is also a State Antiquities Landmark and a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark. The courthouse was designed by architects Martin, Byrnes & Johnston and was built in 1890, when the county had only 124 residents. The jail was built in 1893 by Pauly Jail Building & Manufacturing of St. Louis. The courthouse is a two-story building with walls of light brown and grey sandstone.