Pettis County Jail
Pettis County was organized on January 26, 1833 by severances effected from Cooper and Saline Counties. That same year Aaron Jenkins was appointed as the Sheriff. St. Helena, also known as Pin Hook, was the first temporary seat of justice while the new courthouse was built in Georgetown, located northwest of Sedalia. After the Georgetown courthouse burnt, a new courthouse was erected in Sedalia and the county seat was moved. Subsequently that courthouse was also lost to fire and a new courthouse was erected that still stands today at 4th St. and Ohio which is located just southwest of the Pettis County Sheriff’s Office..